This Privacy Notice provides you with information on how OP Labs PBC (“OP Labs”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect personal information and personal data (collectively, “Personal Data”) regarding you through this website (the “Website”) and, subject to the privacy policies of third-party platforms, through our accounts and information submission forms on third-party social media platforms and job posting sites, and how OP Labs may use and share such Personal Data. Please read this Privacy Notice in its entirety. By accessing this Website, you consent to this Privacy Notice and to our collection, use, and sharing of Personal Data regarding you as described in this Privacy Notice.
If you are a California resident or are based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom or another jurisdiction with substantially similar privacy laws, applicable law may provide you with additional rights regarding your Personal Data.
1. Third-Party Sites
The Website includes links to other websites that are neither owned nor operated by OP Labs (“Third-Party Sites”), such as, for example, job posting sites where certain of our employment opportunities are posted (e.g., Greenhouse) and social media sites (e.g., Twitter). The collection of data on Third-Party Sites is subject to the terms and conditions posted on the linked Third-Party Site, which are between you and the operator of the Third-Party Site (the “Third-Party Site Operator”). Please be sure to review and understand the privacy policies for any Third-Party Sites you visit. Through certain Third-Party Sites we may receive some Personal Data about you, and this Privacy Notice applies to our use and sharing of that Personal Data as well. However, OP Labs is not and will not be responsible for any Third-Party Site or the conduct of any Third-Party Site Operator.
2. Personal Data We Collect
Through the Website, we collect Personal Data that you submit to us or about your usage of the Website, and through certain Third-Party Sites (e.g., job posting sites that we post our employment opportunities on, or our social media accounts) we receive Personal Data regarding you and your use of the Third-Party Sites, which may include, for example, your email address, name, job application information, user name, password, and any other information contained in your communications with us or that you provide through the Third-Party Sites.
3. Use of Personal Data
We or our service providers may use the Personal Data we collect through the Website or receive via Third-Party Sites for the following purposes:
- To provide, administer, develop and enhance the Website and our offerings;
- To inform you of our products and services, conduct business with you, send newsletters or electronic marketing to you, or otherwise correspond with you;
- To assess and respond to your communications;
- To evaluate, process and communicate with you regarding your applications for OP Labs opportunities (such as jobs or internships) for which you have applied through Third-Party Sites;
- To conduct research, analytics and data analysis;
- To exercise, enforce and defend our rights;
- To facilitate corporate transactions involving OP Labs;
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations and requests;
- To comply with audit requirements;
- To seek professional advice, including legal advice;
- Other purposes disclosed when Personal Data is submitted to us; and
- Other legitimate business purposes as required or otherwise permitted by law.
4. Sharing of Personal Data
We may share the Personal Data we collect through the Website or receive via Third-Party Sites with others for a variety of reasons, including, for example:
- With our affiliates and certain entities we provide services to for their marketing and other business purposes;
- With credit bureaus or background check agencies in connection with your application for a job;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law; and
- In connection with a corporate transaction, change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets or wind down of business.
5. Retention and Deletion of Your Personal Data
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as it is required by us. For example, we may require it for our legitimate business purposes, to perform our contractual obligations, or where law or regulation obliges us to. Some Personal Data will be retained after your relationship with us ends. We expect to delete your Personal Data (at the latest) once there is no longer any legal or regulatory requirement or legitimate business purpose for retaining your Personal Data.
We endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Data regarding you collected via the Website or that we receive from Third-Party Sites. However we cannot guarantee the confidentiality or security of any Personal Data.
7. Changes to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time by updating this Privacy Notice on the Website.
8. Contact Us
If you have any questions about our practices with respect to your Personal Data, or wish to exercise any rights with respect to your Personal Data that you have under applicable privacy laws, please contact us at [email protected].
Last Updated February 23, 2023